When Should I Start Getting Med Spa Services Before My Wedding?
Your significant other did it all right, took you to your favorite romantic spot, went down on their knee, dazzled you with a diamond, and popped the wonderful life-changing question “Will you marry me?” If you’re anything like us, you probably live that moment over and over in your heart and in your thoughts! Now that you’ve said yes, there are a million things to plan and do to get ready for your big day. It’s your turn to make sure everything is just right – from picking out your wedding venue – to choosing your bridal gown and bridesmaids’ dresses – to deciding on your wedding cake. In all this frenzy, don’t forget your beauty treatments, too. Some of them need to be done weeks – if not months – before your wedding day to help you achieve your desired results. We know you have a lot to think about and do, so to make this easy for you, we’re providing a bridal med spa services timeline to use so you can plan way ahead.
- Skin Care Regimen – If you don’t already have a dermatologist-approved skincare system with high-quality products for your particular skin type, you need to schedule a consultation with a medspa as soon as possible! Regularly caring for your skin is essential if your goal is to look your best on your wedding day. This would also be an opportunity to discuss the best med spa treatments to schedule over the coming months.
- Laser Hair Removal – This treatment should begin about 8 months before your big day, so you can get in sessions you need so your hair removal is more or less permanent by your wedding day and honeymoon trip. The last thing you need is to accidentally cut your skin with a razor the day before your wedding day or be hassled with taking the time to shave, so this treatment is well worth the time and investment.
- Exercise, Nutrition, and CoolSculpting – You want to be in the best possible shape so you can rock that wedding gown! So get a head start with an exercise and diet regimen about 9 – 12 months before your wedding. You want to make sure you have enough time to schedule several CoolSculpting treatments ahead to deal with any stubborn areas of fat so your profile is smooth from all angles.
- Microdermabrasion – Sweep away dead skin cells a few months before your wedding to bring the best out in your face with a Microdermabrasion treatment. This should be repeated again a week or so before the wedding day to maximize results.
- Botox – If you haven’t tried injectables before, schedule a Botox treatment a month or so before your wedding to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Fillers – Give yourself the full, pouting lips and the rosy cheeks of a blushing bride with filler treatments. The great thing about fillers is that you see immediate results! You may want to get fillers about a week before your wedding so that there is time for any swelling to go down.
- Microneedling – Microneedling uses tiny needles to stimulate the skin to get rid of fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone, revealing your ideal appearance for your special day. You can schedule your treatment a few weeks before your wedding as it typically takes about a week to see results. We also recommend that if you are getting fillers, you should wait about a week to get micro-needling.
- Profound – Saying your vows is profound! For an extra boost of perfection, consider a Profound treatment a few weeks before you say “I do”. Just one Profound treatment stimulates your body to naturally reproduce collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid to rejuvenate your beauty. It can be used to treat problem cellulite in your hip and thigh areas as well!
- Chemical Peel – About 2 weeks before your wedding day, freshen up with a nutrient-infused peel or facial that will result in a complexion that is dramatically bright and refined.
We hope this timeline is helpful in planning ahead so every moment of your wedding day is sprinkled with beauty, joy, and magic. Now all that’s left is your hair, eyebrows, nails, and makeup to take everyone’s breath away as you walk down the aisle with head-to-toe perfection! Happy wedding day!