Gone are the days when masculinity was defined by men not caring about their appearance. Instead, we live in a time where men are empowered to look and feel great. This is why med spa services for men are becoming increasingly popular.
Men might not complain about the effects of time as much as women, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t worried about it. Wrinkles, gray hairs, and sagging skin affect everyone, and when men start to notice the visible effects of aging on their skin, their first instinct might be to hit the gym. While working out has its benefits when it comes to overall health and well-being, it’s not the only way for men to fight the aging process. Botox, dermal fillers, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and body sculpting are just some of the med spa treatments our male clients have benefited from in 2020.
Here are some beneficial anti-aging treatment options that are popular with our male clients:
- Injectables and Fillers for Men – Injectables such as the Neuromodulators Botox™ and Dysport™, smooth and relax the muscles that cause the lines and creases that are associated with aging. Specially designed to integrate into the skin and mold to a man’s distinct facial contours, fillers will adapt to the individuality of his skin. They are preferred treatments for men since they can restore lost volume in the cheeks and reduce the appearance of creases and fine lines. These treatments are minimally-invasive and typically only take a few minutes for lasting results, so they’re quick and convenient for even the busiest schedules.
- Peels and Facials for Men – Great skin starts with a great skincare routine. Many men are discovering the benefits of skincare combined with regular chemical peels facials for improving the look and feel of their skin, as well as delaying the effects of aging. Peels and facials also alleviate acne, clogged pores, and other imperfections for better overall skin health and a younger appearance.
- Microdermabrasion for Men – Microdermabrasion treats specific skin conditions and helps men improve the overall appearance and health of their skin. As men age, skin cells reproduce at a slower rate resulting in uneven skin tone, rough feeling texture, fine lines, and wrinkles. By removing the dead skin cells on the surface, this treatment can stimulate the body to produce new skin cells giving men a more youthful, smoother, softer yet natural look.
- Laser Hair Removal for Men – While hair removal may not be as important to men as it is for women, many men still have hair in unwanted places. Laser hair removal is a procedure that uses a laser to target the root of the hair. It permanently damages the hair follicle and prevents or reduces future growth. After a few sessions, men can say goodbye to that unwanted back, neck, or chest hair.
- CoolSculpting for Men – The reason the CoolSculpting procedure is popular for men is that it eliminates stubborn fat safely and effectively, without surgery or downtime. This fat reduction treatment uses cooling to safely target and eliminates diet- and exercise-resistant fat. Men may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after their treatment and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But their body will still flush out fat cells and continue doing so for up to four to six months after treatment.
In summary, men take advantage of many of the same benefits of med spa treatments as women. They really enjoy the results: a more youthful look and glow that makes them feel much more confident about their appearance.