There’s no doubt about it. Unsightly blemishes are annoying. They are extremely common in men and women of all ages. Despite their prevalence, blemishes can be embarrassing.
Common or not, there is no good reason to put up with unattractive marks on your skin. There are many ways to treat them, including natural remedies at home or with services from a knowledgeable medspa.
Before going into detail on the treatment methods, it is useful to understand exactly what we mean when we refer to “blemishes.”
What causes blemishes?
Although pimples – caused by acne, which is a condition that affects the skin’s hair follicles and oil glands – are one type of unsightly blemish, today we are talking about blemishes that result from causes other than acne.
Here are some discolorations and bumps that can appear on your skin and how to treat them:
- Age spots – Small dark spots can form on any part of your skin that has been exposed to the sun. If you are over the age of 50, have a fair complexion, and have spent a lot of time in the sun, you are more susceptible to developing these dark marks.
- Skin tags – These small growths of skin with a bulge at the end usually form in places where your skin rubs together, like your neck or armpits.
- Birthmarks – Flat or raised marks on the skin that can develop just before or after birth.
- Melasma – Dark patches on the skin that are often caused by sun exposure or hormonal changes.
- Razor bumps – These occur when a shaved, waxed, or tweezed hair grows back into the skin, causing redness, discomfort, and unsightly bumps.
Natural, home treatments
Witch hazel – Witch hazel, a plant native to North America and parts of Asia, is known to help even out skin tone and treat ingrown hairs. This astringent can also be used to remove skin tags by applying it to the affected area a few times a day until it vanishes.
Aloe vera – This succulent plant has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and can also be used to treat skin tags when applied several times a day.
Apple cider vinegar – This pantry staple contains acetic acid, which can lighten pigmentation when mixed with water and applied to dark spots for several minutes a day.
Alazzo Med Spa provides a variety of services to meet your personal blemish removal goals. Read on to learn more about our services!
Microdermabrasion with the DermaSweep™ MD – Our microdermabrasion services use tiny exfoliating crystals to remove dead skin from your dermis, which stimulates your body to produce new skin cells, giving you a more ageless appearance. Our microdermabrasion treatments are especially effective at removing sunspots and other discoloration on the skin.
We offer several specialized microdermabrasion treatments including:
- Red Carpet Ready Hydra-Dermabrasion-a proprietary formula that takes hydrating agents deep into the skin
- Teen Mini-Micro Facial-tailored especially for adolescent skin
- Hydradermabrasion/Hydro-Micro Facial – which uses medical-grade exfoliation bristles and suction to remove the outer layer of dead skin cells and infuse your skin with valuable nutrients
Ellipse IPL (Intense Pulse Light – Narrow Band) – Intense Pulsed Light Therapy is light energy that heats your skin and removes unwanted cells. Alazzo employs Ellipse IPL, which uses a narrow spectrum of light to selectively target irregular pigmentation, broken blood vessels, melasma, and age spots, with minimal effect on surrounding tissue.
Fraxel laser treatment – Fraxel 1550 Laser Skin Rejuvenation Treatment is our non-ablative fractional laser treatment to resurface the skin and treat dark marks. This heat energy-based process also has the bonus of stimulating collagen, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and diminishing pore size.
Chemical peels – Alazzo Med Spa’s customized chemical peels address dark marks and a variety of other skin frustrations. We use a chemical solution to remove the top layer of skin, creating a more youthful appearance. In addition to minimizing pigmentation, our customized chemical peels address other skin complaints such as fine lines, sensitivity, and dullness.
Skin tag removal – Although skin tags aren’t harmful, they can be bothersome and unsightly. Our skin tag removal services are safe, quick, and effective.
Regardless of what skin concerns you have, Alazzo Med Spa will develop a customized solution to give you the results you are seeking so you can say goodbye to frustrating, unsightly blemishes.