You may have already seen the words “Lip Flip” or “Botox Lip Flip” buzzing around social media, along with images or videos of people with beautifully defined and perfectly plump lips! If you want to get ready for Spring with fuller-looking, more visible, and kissable lips, then now would be the perfect time to get a Lip Flip. This treatment can also reduce the appearance of vertical lines around the lips, giving you a smoother, happier, and more youthful appearance.
What is a Botox Lip Flip?
As the name indicates, the Botox Lip Flip is a procedure that uses Botox – an injection that causes the muscles to relax. A few small injections in the area above the upper lip causes those muscles to relax, helping the upper lip to relax and curl slightly upward. The effect is that lips seem larger and fuller since they are more visible. A Lip Flip is the least invasive option for lip enhancement and is considered one of the safest lip injection treatments at med spas throughout the world.
The Lip Flip vs. Lip Filler
Some clients may prefer the Lip Flip treatment and others may prefer Lip Filler. An expert in both procedures can provide guidance on the best options for your anatomy and preferences. In some cases, both may be recommended since fillers enhance lip volume and Botox lifts the upper lip slightly which can achieve beautiful results for clients who have very thin lips. Let’s go over the differences between the two treatments:
The Lip Flip Treatment Gives You:
- More of a Pout – A subtle yet noticeable improvement of the “pout” in your lips
- A Nicer Smile – Your upper lip shows more when you smile
- Fuller Lips – Your lips will look naturally fuller but without a lot of added volume
- Reduced Fine Lines – You’ll notice a reduction in the appearance of fine vertical lip lines
- Temporary Results – The treatment lasts 3 – 4 months
Lip Filler Treatment Gives You:
- Fuller Lips – Lip fillers add additional volume in the upper AND lower lip
- Better Shape and Balance – Overall improvement in lip shape and symmetry
- Decreased Deep Lines –Severe vertical lip lines will be less visible
- Longer-Term Results – The treatment lasts 6 – 12 months.
If you haven’t tried either of these treatments before, then the Lip Flip is a great start. Lip Flip results are not as dramatic as a Lip Filler. The other advantage is that a Lip Flip is a less expensive, less time-consuming procedure, with results visible in as little as a week. In addition; the Lip Flip is a more temporary option than fillers, so there is minimal commitment. If you are looking for a treatment that will subtly enhance the appearance of your lips but aren’t quite ready to try fillers, then this is a great option. That’s why Lip Flip is buzzing around the internet these days – because clients love the results!