As Autumn gets closer to Winter, the air starts getting cooler and crisper, and there is often a significant drop in humidity. Even though there isn’t as much sun to worry about, cold nippy air can wreak havoc on your skin as well. Dryness is one of the major skin issues that arise in the winter and unfortunately, spending more time inside and indoor heat can also contribute to dry skin issues as well. Because of this, it’s important to maintain a skincare regimen, however, following the same skincare routine year-round may not work as well when the humidity drops. Without a change in your regimen, dry air can cause wrinkles and even fine lines to become more noticeable. Dry, itchy skin can flake, crack, and – in extreme cases – even bleed.
Tips to Prevent Dry Skin
To help heal dry skin and prevent its return, dermatologists recommend the following:
- Close the bathroom door when showering
- Use warm rather than hot water.
- Limit your time in the shower or bath to 5 or 10 minutes.
- Wash with a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser.
- Apply enough cleanser to remove dirt and oil, avoid using so much that you see a thick lather.
- Blot your skin gently dry with a towel.
- Use moisturizer immediately after drying your skin.
- Drink plenty of water
Our Ageless line of skincare products are formulated to combat the effects of dryness and nourish the skin. This line includes a facial cleanser, anti-aging serum, repair crème, eye lift crème, skin lightening serum, and a retinol-A crème as well as a daily moisturizer with SPF 30 or 50.
We also recommend a daily dose of Skinade! We provide you with a 30-day supply of a daily drink that supports the skin all over your body. It works from the inside out to rebuild and strengthen the collagen matrix below the skin’s surface, boost levels of hydration and reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
Fall Moisturizing Treatments
We also recommend scheduling some treatments such as peels and facials to give your skin an additional boost of moisture. Some recommended Fall treatments include:
1. Pro Pumpkin Enzyme Peel – Pumpkin is an excellent moisturizer, plus it contains vitamins A, C, and E, and antioxidants, which help fight sun damage and wrinkles. It also has fruit enzymes that help naturally exfoliate dead skin cells, as well as zinc and potassium to combat redness. We combine all these beneficial ingredients in pumpkin with alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) and glycolic acid which give the appearance of younger-looking skin by exfoliating dead skin cells.
2. Fire & Ice Facial Peel – This is one of our most popular facials. This treatment is designed to rapidly and safely resurface the skin, diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while smoothing, softening, and encouraging overall skin rejuvenation. The Fire and Ice Peel is gentle enough for all skin types and ages, and results in a complexion that is dramatically refined.
3. Prodigy Peel – This treatment is a little more intense, but the end result is radiance! We combine resorcinol, lactic acid, salicylic acid, and citric acid to target mild to moderate aging, acne, and pigment irregularities. These ingredients are coupled with a powerful salicylic acid booster to create a light depth peel that is safe and effective for all skin types.
4. O2 Lift – A luxurious treatment that infuses oxygen, plant derived stem cells, peptides and high concentration of enzymatic botanicals into the skin to leave your skin looking luminous, refreshed and rejuvenated in just one treatment!
5. The Signature Facelift: This treatment is done in four layers and will totally change the image of your skin. Vitamin C, glycolic acid and gentle but highly active enzymes speed up cellular turnover and brighten, tighten and lighten your skin in just one treatment.
Fall and Winter conditions don’t need to dry your skin out and accelerate the aging process. We can customize a skincare regimen and recommend the right treatments for your particular skin type, to keep you glowing through the holidays.